Over the past few weeks I have shared some ideas to begin the New Year:
- with reflection exercises
- affirmations for a healthy body temple
- and great ways to consciously begin your day
This week we will talk about how to set more specific goals to actually achieve them and stick to them. When setting goals one of the first things to do is to be very clear. Be as precise and specific as you can.
I want to exercise and get fit.
Saying you would like to get some exercise is not clear. Saying you will get out 3 times per week for 20 minutes for a brisk walk, is.
I want to eat healthier meals.
Pick one meal, ideally beginning with breakfast and find a way to make that one healthy. Then when that is nailed, move on to lunch.
I want to lose weight.
How? When? By simply saying you will eat less won’t last very long. Perhaps a balanced weight to you is a specific number, or you would like to let go of 10 pounds. Be specific about your meal planning and plan some exercise as well.
Here are 4 ways to make it real:
- Write it down clearly and precisely and leave it in a place you will easily see it every day.
- Have an accountability partner to share the experience with you, and/or to keep tabs on you .
- Create a vision board – the mind loves images
- Mentally visualize your actions and the results you wish to see/accomplish
- And then there is me, you can reach out to me to assist you!
I wish you an abundant 2018 filled with much love, passion and adventure. As always I am here to support you in this life journey – and welcome your feedback.