For those of you who have come to my workshops, sessions and retreats you will always hear me say this: make sure you drink plenty of water and take an Epsom salt bath.
Here is why: whether you have experienced an energy healing session or attended a workshop, a tapping (EFT) or counselling session, toxins get stirred up and begin to move in the body. The toxins can be physical, emotional, mental or spiritual. Meaning this could be emotions, cellular debris, issues that have been stuck in your tissues, old negative patterns of thinking, the letting go of anger, fear, worry, loss, stress or grief. They need a way out.
An Epsom salt bath contains the ingredients magnesium and sulphate. It is believed that this combination stimulates the detoxification pathways in the body, which helps to then remove the stirred up toxins.
We are a culture that is also magnesium deficient, which can account for high rates of heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis, arthritis and joint pain, digestive issues, stress-related illnesses, chronic fatigue and a number of other ailments. Who knew?!
Changes in agricultural practices and nutrient deficient soil have attributed to this change in our dietary intake. And our diet includes too much sugar, fat, and salt which then works to speed up the depletion of magnesium in our bodies.
The reason that Epsom baths are stellar for magnesium absorption is that it is not as easily absorbed through the digestive tract.
Researchers and physicians suggest these health benefits from proper magnesium and sulfate levels, as listed on the web site of the Epsom Salt Industry Council:
- Improved heart and circulatory health.
- Improved ability for the body to use insulin, reducing the incidence or severity of diabetes.
- Flushed toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances.
- Improved nerve function by electrolyte regulation. Also, calcium is the main conductor for electrical current in the body, and magnesium is necessary to maintain proper calcium levels in the blood.
- Relieved stress. Excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well-being and relaxation.
- Reduced inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps.
- Improved absorption of nutrients.
- Improved formation of joint proteins, and brain tissue.
- Prevention or easing of migraine headaches.
My favourite bath recipe for you:
- 2 cups Epsom salts
- 1 cup baking soda
- A drop of two of the essential oil lavender or ylang ylang
Soak for 15-20 minutes for the full benefits – this is detoxifying, relaxing and grounding.
Upcoming Events & Workshops
March 11: HARS Get Pampered Event (1:00 – 4:00 PM)
March 13 – 15: Usui Reiki Master – 3 Days (9:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
March 21: Heal Stress & Anxiety Holistically Workshop (10:00 AM – 12:30 PM)
March 22: 5-Minute Wellness Routine: Energy Medicine Workshop (10:00 AM – 12:30 PM)
April 3: Integrated Energy Therapy Basic Class (9:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
April 4: Integrated Energy Therapy Intermediate Class (9:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
April 5: Integrated Energy Therapy Advanced Class (9:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
April 11/12: Usui Reiki: First Degree Class (9:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
June 13: Reiki & Natural Healing for Animals for Animals (9:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
June 14: Reiki Drum Healing (9:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
*** and many more to be added in for the next year over the next few months – so stay tuned!
If you are interested in hosting me at an event, arranging coaching one-on-one session or coaching via Skype please contact me. Many workshops can be done one-on-one or online.