This is a 6-week class series meeting once a week for just over an hour. In this time I take you through the basics of Kundalini Yoga.
Kundalini yoga is a technology based on thousands of years of practice. It helps to balance the nervous system and glandular systems. It has been known to help with anxiety, depression, an overactive mind, restlessness, hormone imbalance etc.
Kundalini yoga incorporates asana (postures), pranayama (breath work), mudra (hand gestures) and mantra (chanting). These transformational ancient teachings help to build physical vitality and increase our awareness and consciousness. The kriyas (sets of exercises) work on strengthening your nervous system, balancing your glandular system, purifying the body and calming the mind.
Cheryl is a Certified Wellness & Personal Growth Coach practicing yoga for over 20 years, and completed her 200-hour Hatha Yoga training in 2009. She is presently completing certification in Kundalini Teacher Training with Devinder Kaur in Ottawa, ON. Graduation May 2018. Member of IYA International Yoga Association since 2009.
Six awesome reasons to introduce this practice into your life now:
1. Kundalini Yoga helps you gain a strong immune system, strong nervous system, better circulation and balanced endocrine (hormone) system. All of which help you feel stronger, and look and feel younger!
2. A strong and flexible spine is also a big part of this practice. We age better with a healthy spine. And with a flexible spine we also have a flexible mind.
3. In Kundalini Yoga we often place our focus at the third eye point during our practice (eyes closed). This helps to stimulate our intuition, balance the endocrine system. The pituitary gland controls our serotonin levels in the body – so with all the depression prevalent in our society we need this for more happiness!
4. We develop our intuition – to have more access to our intuition means we make choices and decisions with more ease and confidence as we move through each phase of our lives.
5. We have a short focussed meditation in each class. Science is proving more and more how positively our wellness is affected with this practice. We feel calm and peaceful with the brain and nervous system balanced.
6. The practice can support the clearing of the subconscious mind and old patterns, traumas, attachments that keep us stuck. We then have a clearer view of our lives rather than looking through and lens of what we have accumulated in the mind. Let’s look at an iceberg as an example: the 5% we can see is the tip of the iceberg (or the conscious mind) and the 95% that is buried under water can be compared to the subconscious mind. Our subconscious mind is like a database that stores all of our experiences, thoughts, emotions, and memories. We want to be living more from the conscious mind.
Take a moment and watch a video of me presenting 3 tips to begin a meditation practice.