From a very young age I collected rocks. Each spring the new load of gravel arrived for the driveway and I would sit right on top of the pile looking for fossils. My Mom would open the dresser drawer and wonder what the heck was going on. Fast forward a few decades and the fascination has only expanded to using crystals of all kinds in healing sessions and for strategic placement in my home and office areas.
It’s fun, playful and excites the inner child aspect of us. Every time I set up for my crystals class people squeal as they come in and view the huge display.
Here are a few tips and facts about why and how to use these intriguing pieces of Mother Earth:
First – you must choose them yourself. That’s the best part. Allow the stone to ‘call you’. Let your intuition guide you and then look up the meaning in a book such as: ‘The Crystal Bible’. Each crystal / stone has its own unique intrinsic healing quality and vibration. The very point of discovering them is for you to see, feel, touch and choose for yourself. (please buy them from your local shops instead of online)
Why, where and how to use them?
- Hold one in each palm to calm the mind for meditation.
- Place near your computer and TV to eliminate harmful electromagnetic energies.
- Clear your your, home, office and car from negative energies; and for space clearing and cleansing (selenite is my favourite).
- Wear pieces on your body in the form of jewellery for healing and protection.
- Place under your pillow for wonderful dreams (amethyst is great for alleviating nightmares).
Seven examples of crystals and their use:
- Amethyst is known to promote restful sleep and help prevent nightmares. Place them under your pillow or a few pieces under your bed.
- Rose quartz promotes love for self and others. Creates inner peace and calm. Perfect worn near the heart.
- Blue lace agate is for peace and calm and wonderful for meditation.
- Black tourmaline crystals repel negative psychic energy and do not have to be cleared.
- Jade is the type I use for Jade Egg practice for women for its grounding, detoxifying, healing and heart-opening. I also carry a small piece of it in my wallet for abundance.
- Hematite is wonderful for grounding and iron deficiency.
- Citrine dissipates and clears negative energy. Never needs cleansing or clearing. Attracts abundance; called the “merchant’s stone.” Place in cash register or area where one conducts business to acquire and maintain wealth.
In our lovely City of Kingston we have the most wonderful shop called Very Shari. Please pop in to see Karin and Gary; they have a fabulous variety of crystals in raw, polished and jewellery form. (Mention my name and you get a discount!!) http://veryshari.weebly.com
Now get out there and let your inner child play!!!
My next Introduction to Crystals class is:
Tuesday May 9th: 6:00-8:30
Location: 654 Barnsley Cr. Kingston, ON