Yellow is a powerful and joyful colour. In the dictionary under yellow it would be lovely to read the definition of yellow as: happy, sunny, makes people smile. I adore yellow. My classroom and treatment area (where I spend the majority of my time) are painted a gorgeous sunny yellow. It makes me smile and those who enter my space feel light and happy.
And speaking of yellow I love anything lemon…always have. Lemon in my drinking water; hot or cold, lemon meringue pie, lemon zest in my date squares and French toast…yum! Lemon also cleans me from the inside out – and cleans my home too.
So this week I wanted to share some tips on using lemon!
Here are 10 awesome tips to incorporate these yellow delights into your life:
- Adding some fresh lemon to your water will help to balance your electrolytes and makes it more fun to sip. I like to add berries, mint or lime as well. Adding a bit of honey helps if your throat feels a bit scratchy or sore.
- Lemon’s citric acid content cuts stubborn grease and makes your home smell fresh. Lemon juice is also a natural bleach, especially when combined with the sun. Freshen cutting boards by rubbing a cut lemon over the surface. This is especially effective for fish odours. Undiluted lemon juice can also be used to dissolve soap scum and hard water deposits. Squeeze it onto a sponge and use it to clean your shower.
- Lemon juice and olive oil drizzled over salad – the perfect easy and healthy salad dressing. I find it enhances the natural flavours of the ingredients.
- The juice of one lemon gives you 1/3 of your day recommended intake of Vitamin C.
- For strong nails. Rub olive oil and lemon juice on your nails for a few days and see the results — your nails will shine and look great.
- Lemon juice mixed with rose water and a little bit of honey can be applied to acne-affected skin twice daily. This combination helps to clear up acne and brightens up your skin.
- When you feel anxious or unhappy – sprinkle a few drops of lemon oil onto a clean handkerchief, and inhale deeply. Leaving you feeling more positive and a fresh new focus will quickly be restored.
- For sores in your mouth: squeeze some lemon juice into a glass of warm water and swish it around in your mouth for one minute. Repeat twice daily for at least three to four days. The antibacterial properties of lemon will heal the sores. You can also use this for gargling if you have a sore throat.
- f you have garlic or spicy breath, drink lemon-infused water for instant fresh breath. (Chewing a bit of parsley helps too.)
- Lemon tea can help calm your upset stomach, flushes out toxins, and rejuvenates your body and mind.
January 7: Kundalini Yoga 8-Week Series Begins (5:15 – 6:45 PM)
January 10: Full Moon Reflections Gathering (6:30 – 9:00 PM)
January 18: Heal Stress & Anxiety Holistically Workshop (10:00 AM – 12:30 PM)
January 19: 5-Minute Wellness Routine: Energy Medicine Workshop (10:00 AM – 12:30 PM)
January 25-26: Usui Reiki: First Degree Class (Sat & Sun 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
February 1: Meditation Made Easy Workshop (10:00 AM -12:30 PM)
February 2: Womb Wisdom for Women – Introduction to Jade Egg Practice Class (1:00 – 3:30 PM)
February 22/23: Usui Reiki: Second Degree Class (Sat & Sun 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
March 11: HARS Get Pampered Event
March 13 – 15: Usui Reiki Master – 3 Days (9:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
April 3: Integrated Energy Therapy Basic Class (9:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
April 4: Integrated Energy Therapy Intermediate Class (9:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
April 5: Integrated Energy Therapy Advanced Class (9:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
April 11/12: Usui Reiki: First Degree Class (Sat & Sun 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
*** and many more to be added in over the next few weeks – stay tuned!