Reflect for a moment: have you ever had lunch with someone and felt yourself change from a happy mood to an angry one without knowing why? Or perhaps you spent time with a friend and after the encounter you felt totally exhausted? You see, energy naturally seeks to balance itself out – and that is why we might absorb or take on one another’s energy. Being with certain people can leave us feeling tired, stressed, angry or depleted. In intimate relationships this is amplified – we are directly and more deeply affected. If one person in an intimate partnership has unresolved grief, anger or hatred – the other person can absorb this and not know why they feel “off” after intimacy or simply from spending a lot of time with them.
Here is some information I recently found on this topic:
An interesting study was conducted at the University of Bielefeld, Germany, which shows that plants can absorb energy from other plants. Olivia Bader-Lee, a physician and therapist, followed the results of this investigation. The science that studies the behavior of energy in living things is called bioenergetics.
This research was conducted in algae, specifically in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. It was discovered that in addition to photosynthesis, it also have an alternative source of energy and that would be to absorb energy from other algae. The findings were reported on Naturesite.com.
According to Bader-Lee, our bodies are like sponges, absorbing energy that is around us. “This is exactly why there are people who feel uncomfortable when they are in a certain group with a mixture of energy and emotions”.
“The human body is very similar to a plant that sucks, absorbs the energy needed to feed your emotional state, and can energize the cells and increase the amount of cortisol and catabolize, feed the cells depending on the emotional need. ” continues Bader-Lee. That is why many people can change their mood which leads to being nervous, stressed, angry, anxious, sad, but also happy, optimistic and laughing.
Bader-Lee says that over the centuries, man has lost that connection with nature, in which the exchange of energy could bring enormous benefits to humanity.
How to keep energy clear:
- Sleep with your partner on your right side so you don’t take on their energy from the left side; which is your receiving side.
- Use white sage for clearing yourself and your space; the smoke from the sage clears and purifies you and your surroundings.
- Use Energy Medicine techniques to clear yourself and protect yourself
- Use one of the sacred Reiki symbols.
- Black tourmaline crystals repel negative energy and do not have to be cleared.
- Spend time in nature; walking in the forest, sitting near water, get your feet in the soil and sand.
- Come and see me for a clearing and balancing session! We will get you back on track and I will share some amazing energy techniques that help you “keep’ your energy safe and clear. I can also show you methods to more deeply clear any connections from others that seem to linger no matter what you do.
I wish you an abundant spring season filled with much love, passion and adventure. As always I am here to support you in this life journey – and welcome your feedback.