This week I share ways to find your unique approach to getting quiet and creating your personal meditation practice. More of us are working at home right now. We are navigating doing business a different way and getting the kids online for their classes. We need to find some quiet time to rejuvenate and restore our energies.
Take a minute right now and ask yourself what ways you love to spend your quiet time? This will help you find your way to meditate. Whenever we are focussed and present; this can be our way of meditating. It doesn’t have to be seated and completely still with eyes closed – nope.
Your activity of choice allows you to slow down the busy mind, create space between the busyness of thoughts and get off your devices. This time can be the source of inspiration, clarity and intuitive thoughts or answers. Try it! See how you feel and how it changes your life.
Nine ideas to meditate your way:
· journaling – writing free form as a way to work through an issue, record an experience, write your heart out on any random topic….this intense focus is meditation too. I call it ‘my musings.” Try it.
· eating slowly and mindfully savouring each bite…your digestive system will thank you too!
· poetry – writing your own musings or reading someone else’s brilliant work can be inspiring and calming.
· gardening – time slips away with our hands and feet in the soil.
· photography, sculpting, painting – this creates a focus that takes us away from our worries.
· hiking or walking outside in the forest while breathing deeply. This activity is very grounding and clears away stress.
· while out for a run, but this time with more focus on your breath and taking it in more deeply.
· out for a motorcycle ride in the country; completely immersed in your travels.
· bird-watching – observing our feathered friends usually involves trees, fresh air and complete focus on finding them. Again, time slips away.