During the summer months we find it easier for self-care. The weather is amazing, we get outside more, we eat better and feel lighter.
This week I share a few tips to help carry the summer feeling into the fall and help you stay healthy.
Here are 8 tips just for you:
- take time for yourself with activities such as, meditation, journaling or long fall walks in the leaves
- register for a workshop to learn something new and keep that beautiful brain stimulated
- bump up your vitamin D intake to make up for the shorter days and less sunshine – it keeps your bones strong as you age and supports the immune system
- keep up with your exercise routine…it is always easier to keep moving in the warm summer months…get an accountability partner to keep you on track
- eat fruits and vegetables that are local and in season – buy from your local market
- stay hydrated and start adding more oils back into your diet – we get a bit drier in the fall
- practice good sleep hygiene; turn off your devices and / or TV for at least an hour before bedtime, sleep in clean cotton sheets and crack the window open for some fresh crisp fall air
- start a journal…this can keep track of your dreams, goals, achievements and challenges – it is also a great way for you to clear your head
And feel free to reach out to me for any support!