Self-care is essential.
Reconnect to your essential nature.
“I feel that Reiki has really helped me, and will continue to do so the more I self-treat. Thank you so very much for the beautiful, life changing weekend. My heart and soul has been filled in ways it never has before.”
“Although it was very out of my comfort zone I was very interested and intrigued by Cheryl’s Jade Egg Womb Wisdom class and was fortunate enough to be a part of the first class she offered. It was truly a special and fantastic experience. ”
“I just did a soul reading with Cheryl and it was amazing. I got a lot of perspective and clarification. I feel like I can be at peace with certain aspects and grow in some amazing areas. ”
3 hours ago
Monday Morning Minute
Notice your breathing right now. Is it deep or shallow? Take some deep breaths right now and move through your day with less inner tension. ... See MoreSee Less
1 day ago
This is amazing for anxiety, depression, PTSD, chronic pain...and so much more...
Reiki Energy Healing classes with me...if you would like to learn this amazing energy healing modality for your self-care, or you are a practitioner looking to add another modality to your practice. You can find the listing of all classes in the 'EVENTS' section right on this FB page.
This practice fits well with:
- and anyone who works with their hands and/ or any healing capacity
-works well with anyone, including our animal companions (they love it)
The next two workshops are scheduled for:
Jan 25-27, 2019
Contact: Cheryl Hiebert
*Registered Reiki Teacher and Practitioner for 20+ years. ... See MoreSee Less
2 days ago
What Exactly is Intimacy?
Something I hear consistently in my wellness coaching practice is the need for intimacy. How people are craving authentic relationships, real conversations and touch.
People might be married, in a committed relationship, and surrounded by people all day, yet still feel very alone. I feel social media has taken us online and away from precious connection in ‘real time’ together. Restaurants, waiting rooms, line-ups and airports; everyone is glued to devices and no one talks anymore. In fact, on my last trip I attempted to strike up a conversation with someone on an airplane and they were clearly annoyed with me.
Social media has brought us anything but a feeling of being socially connected - most say they feel deflated and drained after being on social media platforms. I do too.
So what is intimacy then?
At the root of intimacy is connection.
And here’s the truth – we need to have a deep connection with ourselves before we can truly have deep connection with another. So, if we are craving intimacy – we can ask ourselves this: how can I connect with my own depths first?
Reflect on the questions below and notice how they make you feel.
And begin to search for some answers (from within):
• What makes me tick?
What are my challenges, fears, glitches?
• What provokes me? What helps me feel safe?
• What do I need to feel more connected with myself?
(think of what makes your heart sing: being near the water, journaling, reading, a work-out, a good run, meditation, yoga)
If you only let people in so far…are you doing the same with yourself? Are you keeping yourself at a distance, perhaps afraid to feel? We are taught to suck it up, stuff it away, bury it, sweep it under the rug, block it out, compartmentalize. Do any of these ‘strategies’ sound familiar? Are you afraid to face the pain in your life – old anger, being hurt or betrayed, having lost someone you love? This might be keeping you from a deeper connection to yourself.
How do we move our inner awareness and connection to a deeper place:
• Breathing more deeply. Getting quiet…turning your awareness inside…moving from the head to the heart. We tend over think life and may have have been taught to think more than feel. Drop into your heart space and live from this place more of the time.
• Look in the mirror. I mean really look at yourself – not with a critical eye, but a loving eye…this can be very hard to do at first. And try to do this each time you brush your teeth.
• Begin a meditation practice, seated quietly with eyes closed focusing on your breath for five minutes per day. (Bri – add link to my class)
• Give yourself a massage with coconut oil – yes, I am not kidding. Connect with your own body through gentle touch and self-care.
• Say your name out loud to yourself - 10 times...how does that make you feel? Observe your feelings?
• Attend a few workshops and gatherings I offer:
---Womb Wisdom Jade Egg practice for women on Oct 17
---Conscious Connection Gathering on Oct 23
---The Urban Goddess retreat November 24/25
---Authentic in 10 – begins January 23, 2019 ... See MoreSee Less